Interactive books web space:
With great help of Dr. Andre Schardong, I can finally open a new section of my web site. Following links will allow you to access interactive web space for all my books. You will find book information, reviews and access to software provided with each book. This space will allow you to send messages, upload and download software, upload and download exercises and their solutions, and interact with other users of the books. In order to access the interactive space you will be asked to register and create an account that you can use in the future. Please send me a message with your first impressions. I am ready to learn and improve.
- Member of the high international panel, Sustainable water resources management in the Zayandeh-Rud River Basin. Organized by the Isfahan Municipality, Isfahan Water Board Co., and Water and Wastewater Research Institute of the Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), January 10 - 12, 2015, Isfahan, Iran.
- Guest lecture, Manitoba Hydro, Systems Engineering Approach to the Reliability of Complex Hydropower Infrastructure, February 20, 2015, Winnipeg.
- Institute-wide lecture, Managing Natural Disasters in a Changing Climate: Methods and Tools for a Systems Approach, Asian Institute of Technology, March 24, 2015, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Invited lecture, Floods in a Changing Climate: Risk Managment, Advanced Institute on Disaster Risk and Loss Mitigation, April 21, 2015, Taipei, Taiwan,
- Invited lecture, Floods in a Changing Climate: Risk Management, International Top-level Forum on Engineering Science and Technology Development Strategy "Water Safety and Sustainable Development", Chinese Academy of Engineering and Ministry of Water Resources of China, Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute, May 29-30, 2015, Nanjing, China.
- Keynote lecture, Water Resources Management in a Changing World: Challenges and Opportunities, 9th World Congress of the European Water Resources Association, June 24 - 27, 2015, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Invited lecture, Water-related Inter-disciplinary Research and Higher Education: Challenges and Opportunities, Symposium in honour of 100 years of Hohai University,October 27 - 29, Nanjing, China.
- Invited lecture, Water science and water security in a changing environment, Joint workshop, CSCE - Canadian Society of Civil Engineers, CHES - Chinese Hydraulic Engineering Society, and Hohai University, October 27 - 29, Nanjing, China.
During the Winter term I am teaching CEE3361 "Water Resources Management", and CEE9566 "Advanced Systems Analysis for Civil Engineering". The courses details are available on the htpps://owl.uwo.ca.
Research in FIDS (my reserach laboratory) is in a full swing with 2 Post Doctoral fellows, 5 PhD candidates, 3 MESc students and 2 visiting scholars working on various research projects. My primary research interest focuses on the application of systems approach to management of complex water and environmental systems with strong focus on explicit consideration of uncertainty. Most of the current research projects are addressing the impacts of climatic change on management of water resources systems. Select Research option for more details. If in London, be sure to visit us.
On May 12 and 13 of 2014 we celebrated twenty five years of FIDS with the FIDS Scientific Symposium under the title "Water Resources Systems - From School to Practice" at the University of Western Ontario in London. This gathering brought 33 former and current FIDS family members together. We shared experience from stay in FIDS and professional life and had lots of fun. The celebration photo album and all symposium presentations are available on the (FIDS web site). On my YouTube video channel you will find three (celebration videos), one from the symposium opening, one from the University celebration and one from the ceremonial ribbon cutting.