Interactive books web space:
With great help of Dr. Andre Schardong, I can finally open a new section of my web site. Following links will allow you to access interactive web space for all my books. You will find book information, reviews and access to software provided with each book. This space will allow you to send messages, upload and download software, upload and download exercises and their solutions, and interact with other users of the books. In order to access the interactive space you will be asked to register and create an account that you can use in the future. Please send me a message with your first impressions. I am ready to learn and improve.
- Member of the high international panel, Sustainable water resources management in the Zayandeh-Rud River Basin. Organized by the Isfahan Municipality, Isfahan Water Board Co., and Water and Wastewater Research Institute of the Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), January 10 - 12, 2015, Isfahan, Iran. (pictures)
- Guest lecture, Manitoba Hydro, Systems Engineering Approach to the Reliability of Complex Hydropower Infrastructure, February 20, 2015, Winnipeg.
- Institute-wide lecture, Managing Natural Disasters in a Changing Climate: Methods and Tools for a Systems Approach, Asian Institute of Technology, March 24, 2015, Bangkok, Thailand. (pictures) (AIT News)
- Invited lecture, Floods in a Changing Climate: Risk Management, Advanced Institute on Disaster Risk and Loss Mitigation, April 21, 2015, Taipei, Taiwan. (pictures)
- Invited lecture, Global Modelling of a Changing North: A System Dynamics Approach, High North Workshop, May 12-14, 2015, London, Canada. (pictures)
- Invited lecture, Climate Change Research at FIDS - Western University, Hohai University, May 27, 2015, Nanjing, China. (pictures)
- Invited lecture, Floods in a Changing Climate: Risk Management, International Top-level Forum on Engineering Science and Technology Development Strategy "Water Safety and Sustainable Development", Chinese Academy of Engineering and Ministry of Water Resources of China, Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute, May 29-30, 2015, Nanjing, China. (pictures)
- Keynote lecture, Water Resources Management in a Changing World: Challenges and Opportunities, 9th World Congress of the European Water Resources Association, June 10 - 13, 2015, Istanbul, Turkey. (pictures)
- Invited lecture, Through hell and high water - Kroz pakao i veliku vodu (in Serbian), Academy of Criminal and Police Studies,June 15, 2015, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Invited lecture, Water Resources Management: A New View Under a Changing Climate - Upravljanje vodnim resursima: Novi pristup uslovljen klimatskim promenama(in Serbian) , Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection, June 18, 2015, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Invited lecture, From risk to resilience - A paradigm shift (in Serbian), Faculty of Security Studies,June 22, 2015, Belgrade, Serbia.
During the Summer term I am not teaching.
Research in FIDS (my reserach laboratory) is in a full swing with 1 Post Doctoral fellow, 6 PhD candidates, 4 MESc students and 1 visiting scholar working on various research projects. My primary research interest focuses on the application of systems approach to management of complex water and environmental systems with strong focus on explicit consideration of uncertainty. Most of the current research projects are addressing the impacts of climatic change on management of water resources systems. Select Research option for more details. If in London, be sure to visit us.
On May 12 and 13 of 2014 we celebrated twenty five years of FIDS with the FIDS Scientific Symposium under the title "Water Resources Systems - From School to Practice" at the University of Western Ontario in London. This gathering brought 33 former and current FIDS family members together. We shared experience from stay in FIDS and professional life and had lots of fun. The celebration photo album and all symposium presentations are available on the (FIDS web site). On my YouTube video channel you will find three (celebration videos), one from the symposium opening, one from the University celebration and one from the ceremonial ribbon cutting.