Interactive books web space:
With great help of Dr. Andre Schardong, I can finally open a new section of my web site. Following links will allow you to access interactive web space for all my books. You will find book information, reviews and access to software provided with each book. This space will allow you to send messages, upload and download software, upload and download exercises and their solutions, and interact with other users of the books. In order to access the interactive space you will be asked to register and create an account that you can use in the future. Please send me a message with your first impressions. I am ready to learn and improve.
- Organizer and keynote speaker, 6th International Conference on Flood Management, ICFM6, Floods in a Changing Environment", Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 16 - 18, 2014. (check my YouTube channel for the video)
- Invited presentation,Special session Coastal Cities at Risk, 6th International Conference on Flood Management, ICFM6, Floods in a Changing Environment", Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 16 - 18, 2014. (check my presentations for the lecture)
- Organizer and presenter, Training workshops - Deriving Rainfall Intensity-Duration-Frequency (IDF) Curves for Future Climate Scenarios: A Publically Accessible, Online Tool, Vancouver October 9, 2014; Mississauga October 24, 2014; and Halifax December 5, 2014.
- Invited speaker, High North Seminar, Oslo, Norway, October 28 - 29, 2014.
- Guest speaker, DNV GL, Oslo, Norway, October 30, 2014.
- Keynote speaker, 9th World Congress of the European Water Resources Association Water Resources Management in a Changing World: Challenges and Opportunities, June 24 - 27, 2015, Istanbul, Turkey.
During the Fall term I am teaching CEE4418 "Systems Approach for Civil and Environmental Engineering". The course information is available on the htpps://owl.uwo.ca.
Research in FIDS (my reserach laboratory) is in a full swing with 2 Post Doctoral fellows, 5 PhD candidates and 4 MESc students working on various research projects. My primary research interest focuses on the application of systems approach to management of complex water and environmental systems with strong focus on explicit consideration of uncertainty. Most of the current research projects are addressing the impacts of climatic change on management of water resources systems. Select Research option for more details. If in London, be sure to visit us.
On May 12 and 13 this year we celebrated twenty five years of FIDS with the FIDS Scientific Symposium under the title "Water Resources Systems - From School to Practice" at the University of Western Ontario in London. This gathering brought 33 former and current FIDS family members together. We shared experience from stay in FIDS and professional life and had lots of fun. The celebration photo album and all symposium presentations are available on the (FIDS web site). On my YouTube video channel you will find three (celebration videos), one from the symposium opening, one from the University celebration and one from the ceremonial ribbon cutting.