New addition to the web site:
From now on you will be able to find detailes about the tools produced by my research team and available for sharing. They can be accessed through the Research menu option, click on Products. Let me know what do you think and share ideas if you are interested.
Interactive books web space:
With great help of Dr. Andre Schardong, I can finally open a new section of my web site. Following links will allow you to access interactive web space for all my books. You will find book information, reviews and access to software provided with each book. This space will allow you to send messages, upload and download software, upload and download exercises and their solutions, and interact with other users of the books. In order to access the interactive space you will be asked to register and create an account that you can use in the future. Please send me a message with your first impressions. I am ready to learn and improve.
- Invited lecture, RESILIENCE - A New Metric for the Assessment of Measures for Improving Water Security , Water Security under a Changing Environment - Comparing Challenges and Approaches in the United States and China,US NSF and NSF China workshop and the international conference of US Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) and Wuhan University, January 5-6, 2017, Wuhan, China.
- Invited lecture,IDF Curves for Future Climate Scenarios, Workshop on Climate Change and Codes Adaptation (by invitation only), National Research Council Canada, January 18-19, 2017, Ottawa.
- ICLR Friday Forum,Practical issues in updating IDF curves for future climate: "Physics" vs climate models, Webinar, Registration. March 24, 2017, London.
- Distinguished lecture,Resilience: A new metric for the assessment of measures for adaptation to global change, College of Engineering, Florida Atlantic University, March 31, 2017, Boca Raton, Florida, USA.
- Invited lecture, Holisitc Apporach to Risk Assessment in the Hydropower Context, Manitoba Hydro, April 18, 2017, Winnipeg.
- Keynote lecture, Management of disaster risk, climate change and flooding (working title), 8th Edition of the International Scientific Conference of Holguin University, April 26-28, 2017, Holguin, Cuba.
- Invited lecture, Resilience as an element of disaster culture, Panel discussion: "Disaster culture", Academy of criminalistic and police studies, May 17, 2017, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Keynote lecture, Bringing future climate change into water resources management practice today, 10th World Congress on Water Resources and the Environment "Panta Rhei", EWRA, July 5-9, 2017, Athens, Greece
- Invited lecture, Resilience: A new metric for the assessment of measures for adaptation to global change, College of Water Sciences, Beijing Normal University, June 20, 2017, Beijing, China
- Global Vision Forum Lecture, Adapting to global change through increase of resilience, China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research, June 23, 2017, Beijing, China
- Inspiring Science Lecture, From Risk Management to Quantitative Disaster Resilience - A Paradigm Shift, University of Exeter , September 11, 2017, Exeter, UK
I will be on the sabbatical leave until January 2018 and will not be teaching any courses.
Research in FIDS (my reserach laboratory) is in a full swing with 3 Post Doctoral fellows, 3 PhD candidates, 4 MESc students and 1 visiting scholar working on various research projects. My primary research interest focuses on the application of systems approach to management of complex water and environmental systems with strong focus on explicit consideration of uncertainty. Most of the current research projects are addressing the impacts of climatic change on management of water resources systems. Select Research option for more details. If in London, be sure to visit us.