New addition to the web site:
From now on you will be able to find detailes about the tools produced by my research team and available for sharing. They can be accessed through the Research menu option, click on Products. Let me know what do you think and share ideas if you are interested.
Interactive books web space:
With great help of Dr. Andre Schardong, I can finally open a new section of my web site. Following links will allow you to access interactive web space for all my books. You will find book information, reviews and access to software provided with each book. This space will allow you to send messages, upload and download software, upload and download exercises and their solutions, and interact with other users of the books. In order to access the interactive space you will be asked to register and create an account that you can use in the future. Please send me a message with your first impressions. I am ready to learn and improve.
- Invited lecture, Floods in a Changing Climate: Risk Management, IIHR-Hydroscience & Engineering, Hydraulics Laboratory, The University of Iowa, February 5, 2016, Iowa City, Iowa.
- Invited lecture, Mapping extreme rainfall statistics for Canada under climate change using updated Intensity-Duration-Frequency curves, ICLR - Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction, March 11, 2016, Toronto.
- Distinguished speakers series lecture, A systems approach to modelling water-energy-food nexus, CFEWA-Center for Energy a& Water Advancement, The University of Windsor, March 18, 2016, Windsor.
- Guest lecture, Practical Resilience Metric for Analyses of Infrastructure Systems, Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Manitoba, April 25, 2016, Winnipeg.
- Keynote lecture, Quantification of resilience to water scarcity, a dynamic measure in time and space, 7th International Water Resources Management Conference of IAHS ICWRS, May 18 - 20, 2016, Bochum, Germany.
- Invited lecture, Quantification of resilience for water resources risk management, Risk Analysis 2016, 10th International Conference on Risk Analysis, May 25 - 27, 2016, Crete, Greece.
- Short course, System Dynamics Modelling for Disaster Management Applications, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Security Studies, June 1 - 3, 2016, Belgrade, Serbia (in Serbian).
- Invited lecture, Evolution of statistical downscaling research at the University of Western Ontario - from K-nn weather generator to physically scaling method, International Workshop on Application of Statistical Downscaling Methods at All Scales, APEC Climate Center, Busan, Republic of Korea, June 15 - 16, 2016.
- Invited lecture, From Risk Management to Quantitative Resilience: A Paradigm Shift, Technical University of Denmark, Department of Environmental Engineering, August 23, 2016, Copenhagen, Dennmark.
- Invited lecture, The Beauty of Resilience - Leaving the Chamber of Risks, Chaucer Seminar, That calls for Understanding Risk, Chaucer , August 24-25, 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Honorary lecture, Practical Resilience Metric for Analyses of Infrastructure Systems, The National Water and Wasterwater Conference, 2016, , November 13-16, 2016, Toronto.
- Invited lecture, From risk to resilience - evolution of the adaptation to globally changing conditions. Od upravljanja rizikom do rezilijentnosti - evolucija prilagodjavanja globalnim promenama (In Serbian), Serbian Academy of Sciences, December 12, 2016, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Invited lecture, Quantification of resilience for water resources management under a changing environment, Water Security under a Changing Environment - Comparing Challenges and Approaches in the United States and China,US NSF and NSF China workshop and the international conference of US Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) and Wuhan University, January 5-6, 2017, Wuhan, China.
- Invited lecture, Floods in a changing climate: Risk management, Wuhan University, School of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering, January 9, 2017, Wuhan, China.
- Keynote lecture, Bringing future climate change into water resources management practice today, 10th World Congress on Water Resources and the Environment "Panta Rhei", EWRA, July 5-9, 2017, Athens, Greece
During this term I am teaching two courses: CEE4418 Systems Analysis for Civil and Environmental Engineering (undergraduate) and CEE9564 Water Rsources Systems Management (graduate). Informationn about both courses can be accessed through the University of Western Ontario OWL system.
Research in FIDS (my reserach laboratory) is in a full swing with 3 Post Doctoral fellows, 4 PhD candidates, 2 MESc students and 1 visiting scholar working on various research projects. My primary research interest focuses on the application of systems approach to management of complex water and environmental systems with strong focus on explicit consideration of uncertainty. Most of the current research projects are addressing the impacts of climatic change on management of water resources systems. Select Research option for more details. If in London, be sure to visit us.